Are you planning to apply for a passport? It is great; you might know that you require a passport for so many reasons. If you are planning a world tour, then the passport is the first document that you need. We can say that passport is a legal document that issued by the government and it is valid over the world. If you have already applied for a passport, then you can also track Passport Status!
Here we are going to discuss how you can apply for a passport. You have to fill up the Passport Application Form for applying, but you might be worried about how to fill up the form and what are the requirements for that right? No problem we are here to help you.Applying for an online passport application is easy. The process is long, and you’ll still have to go to the passport office, but you definitely won’t need an agent to get the job done as long as you follow these steps.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Login Or Register to Passport Seva Kendra Website
- Go to the Passport Seva website.
- Click on Register Now, If you are new User, Otherwise Click on Log in Now
- Now fill the form to create an account on the Passport Seva website. You need to select the passport office of the city you’re living in now, not your native place. Also, make sure that you enter the name exactly as it appears in your other documents to avoid any problems with your application.
- Click on Register after filling form details.
- Now that you have created your account return to the Passport Seva website.
- Click the Login button.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Enter password and characters in an image. Click Login.
Step 2: Choosing Application Type
After login, you have been redirected to application home page, where you have to select application type
- Click Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport.
- You can apply for a fresh passport or Re-issue of a passport using two alternatives:
- You can download the soft copy of the form. Fill offline and upload to website (internet connection not required)
- You can fill the application form online (internet connection is required to fill the form online)
- We suggest you choose Application Form Online option as it is the easiest way to apply for your passport. Click on Fill Application Form Online.
- Select state and district of applicants Present Address or the Passport Office you are applying for.
- On the next page, you will have to choose between a Fresh passport or Re-issue, a Normal or Tatkal passport, 38 pages or 60 pages. Make the selections as per your requirements, and click Next page.
Step 3: Filling Application Form.
- Enter your personal information like name, address, education qualification, etc.
- Enter Your Family Details. Click Next
- Enter Your Resident Address. Click Next
- Enter Emergency Contact Detail. Click Next
- Previous Passport Detail (If any). Click Next
- Select appropirate options. Click Next.
- Click on I Agree Button and Click on Submit Form Button.
Step 4: Schedule, Pay and Book Appointment.
You will then have to schedule an appointment to visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where you will have to present yourself. You can locate the PSK for your area on the portal.
- Click View Saved/Submitted Applications.
- You’ll see the application you just submitted. Click the radio button next to it and click Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Select your mode of payment. You can choose from two payment methods
- Online Payment: This is for payments via Internet Banking or through card i.e. Debit or Credit Card.
- Offline Payment: This is for physical payment i.e. paying cash at an SBI branch or paying cash at a PSK when going as a walk-in
- A list of Passport Seva Kendras from your city will appear on screen along with the date and time of the earliest available appointment.
- Select one of these from the drop-down menu next to Passport Seva Kendra Location.
- Enter the displayed code and click on the ‘Next’ icon at the bottom right corner.
- Click Pay and Book Appointment.
- This will now take you to the payment gateway. Complete your payment, and you’ll be redirected to the Passport Seva website.
- Now you will see a page titled Appointment Confirmation with all the details of your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
Step 5: Print Receipt
- The ‘Print Application Receipt’ page gives particulars about your application
- Applicant details – ARN, type of application, name, place and date of birth, gender, and marital status, type employment, father’s name, current address.
- Applicants References – First Reference Details, Second Reference Details (these are alphabetic codes)
- Passport Payment Details – Total Fee, Fee Paid, Date and Time of payment and the payment transaction id.
- Passport Appointment Details – Location of the PSK and its address, Date and time of passport appointment, Appointment ID and well as the reporting time
- You will need a print of this receipt to enter the PSK.
Now all you need to do is go to the PSK at the time mentioned in the receipt. You mast have all the required documents for Passport; You will get your passport after police verification is complete. In the meantime, you can check passport application status.