Table of Contents
What is Passport?
Passport is an official document issued by a government, certifying the holder’s identity and citizenship and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries.
If you want to travel the world, then Passport is most important identification document. When moving between different countries, a passport is required to gain access to country borders. The purpose of a passport is to show other nations that you are a legal citizen of your particular country of origin. For example, if you are Indian and want to enter the United States, you must show customs your passport in the United States to prove that you are an Indian. Most countries require an original birth certificate as proof of citizenship and identification.
Most passports contain your photograph, name and birth date, along with your nation of origin and a signature. Indian passport has ten years of validity. Below is an image of black passport.
Types of Indian Passport.
- Regular passport: (navy blue/black cover) is issued to ordinary citizens for ordinary travel, such as for vacation, study and business trips (36 or 60 pages). It is a Type P passport, where P stands for personal.
- Official passport: (white cover) is issued to individuals representing the Indian government on official business. It is a Type S passport, S standing for service.
- Diplomatic passport: (maroon cover) is issued to Indian diplomats, top ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers. It is a Type D passport with D standing for diplomatic.
Importance of Passport
- Are you planning to travel outside of the United States shortly?
- Do you have a job that may require you to travel outside of the United States on short notice?
- Are you an individual whose citizenship is sometimes called into question by overly-zealous authorities?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should probably consider getting a passport.
A passport can be used as one of the most reliable forms of identification. An Indian passport is issued by thePresident of India to citizens of the Republic of India for traveling abroad. This makes having a passport an undeniably valued form of identification.
Proof of Citizenship:
A passport is evidence of your nationality. With almost no exceptions, you can only get a passport for a country for which you are a citizen. Note that this might be different from the country you live in, or sometimes even the country where you were born. So if your citizenship is ever in question being able to show the authorities, your passport can clear up any confusion quickly.
As an Indian citizen, it is necessary to have an Indian passport when traveling abroad. A passport contains pages that are stamped each and every time you enter another country. These stamps include the names of the countries in which you have traveled. An Indian Passport is a document that cannot be denied and proves that you are an Indian Citizen. Should an emergency ever present itself, it would be most important for you to have your passport as proof of identity while traveling in another country.
All Indian citizens traveling anywhere outside of the India must possess a valid Indian Passport. The passport is required for both departure from and re-entry to the India again.
How to Apply for Passport?
Want to apply for PassPort in India? it’s not so hard to apply for passport online. You can apply for passports on any of the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or do it ONLINE through their portal
Once Passport application process is completed, you can always check the current Passport Status. It means you can track what’s going on with your Passport Application.